Senior Child Safety Case Manager
|January 14, 2013 - February 28, 2013|
|Employment Type:||Full Time|
|Description:||This is a professional case management position responsible for providing services to children and their families who are referred per the eligibility requirements identified by contract. Services are provided in the home setting, schools, day care or other settings in the community. Case Managers work with the birth families, foster caregivers, primary caregivers, guardian ad litems and other organizations and service providers functioning within the child welfare system. Work involves assessment, service planning, monitoring client progress, linking resources, coordination and advocacy on behalf of the client among other responsibilities.|
|Duties:||1.Provide initial and ongoing assessment of each child and family that reflects strengths, needs and changing circumstances affecting the case.|
2.Continue to assess any risk to the child as an ongoing activity.
3.Ensure any child prescribed a psychotropic medication for mental health and/or health reasons have the required documentation prior to administration of the medication as outlined in s.39.407.
4.Assure that parents, child (as age appropriate), relative and non-relative caregivers and guardians, and foster parents are part of the team, are involved in service delivery planning and receive a copy of the plan for each child for services/treatment.
5.Provide evidence through case record documentation that goals and tasks are individualized, objective, measurable and relate to assessment; and provide evidence through case record documentation of client’s progress or lack of progress toward completing service tasks and/or meeting treatment goals.
6.Provide timely client referrals to outpatient and supportive services.
7.Provide after care planning and follow-up services.
8.Assure priority status to all assigned child welfare clients as related to service needs.
9.Assure collaboration with other community systems to address the child’s and family’s comprehensive needs.
10. Ensure participation in open, frequent, objective, and collaborative communication with the lead agency, as well as among all service providers, e.g., Department of Juvenile Justice, school boards, State Attorney’s Office, Guardian Ad Litem Program, etc., to ensure the continuity of care on behalf of the clients.
11.Serve as an advocate for client’s rights.
12.Intervene, assist and share expertise as needed in crisis situations and during related follow-up activities.
13.Monitor and review case plans through monthly documented supervision.
14. Upon closure, assure that other organizations involved with the child and family are notified of termination of services and are provided with opportunity for input/feedback.
15. Provide complete documentation for services rendered within established timeframes and all applicable standards (PIP, contract, accreditation, etc.).
1.Must hold at least a Bachelor’s Degree in Psychology, Social Work or related area of study from an accredited university. Must have Child Welfare Certification
1.Must communicate in a clear, concise written format.
2.Must effectively apply knowledge.
3.Must possess strong oral and writing skills that enable clear, concise verbal and written communication.
4. Must be highly motivated and self-directed.
5. Must be detail oriented and have advanced organizational skills. Time management skills are essential to this position.
1.Experience with child welfare, early childhood education or children’s mental health preferred. Experience with at least one of the following preferred: substance abuse, adoption; parenting education, or family issues.
2. Must be Certified as a Child Welfare professional
3.Must exhibit knowledge of community resources.
4. Must possess understanding of child development, including physical, mental, emotional and cultural issues.
5. Must be computer literate and be proficient in Outlook, Excel spreadsheets, and Microsoft Word. Must be able to work proficiently in a Windows environment and be able to learn other software applications quickly.
This job is no longer active. Please click here to see current job listings.